The law and tax legislation governing the areas of trusts, probate and estate administration are often complex and require a high level of expertise.
Within our probate department, we have staff experienced in:
- obtaining probate
- administering the deceased’s estate
- assisting executors with estate administration
- administration of charities and trust funds with particular emphasis on income tax and capital gains tax related matters
- trust and charities tax compliance
- charity accounts and reports
- preparation of complex estate accounts
- settlement of taxation liabilities for estates
For advice on disputing a will, see our personal dispute resolution page.
WIQS Client Charter
The Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality scheme (WIQS) provides a quality standard for wills, probate and estate administration practices, by requesting that firms adhere to the scheme Protocol.
The Client Charter on this page is designed to set client expectations on what they can expect from a WIQS accredited firm.
The Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme
Tallents Solicitors in Newark, Southwell and Mansfield are proud to have achieved the high standards of practice and integrity required to become accredited with the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme.
The Scheme’s logo is your guarantee that our practice will provide high quality will drafting, probate and estate administration services.
What we will do for you
We will carry out our work for you in accordance with the good practice standards of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Protocol.
This means that we will:
- treat you with dignity and respect
- be polite and considerate
- use clear language and keep legal jargon to a minimum
- explain what the costs are likely to be and how we charge
- advise you on the issues and the options for dealing with them
- explain what you can expect from us
- carry out our work in a timely manner
- respond promptly to your enquiries, and
- keep you informed of our progress.