“Can I now buy a house?” is a question we are being asked by clients since the reopening of the housing market in England, says Alistair Millar, Head of Conveyancing at Tallents Solicitors.
How does the lockdown affect my house purchase or sale?
There has been a lot of confusion following the reopening of the housing market but we are here to reassure our clients of the steps we are taking to ensure both their safety and progress their property transaction smoothly.
How Tallents Solicitors can help you during the reopening of the housing market
As conveyancers, we will continue to support the sales process and will make sure you are fully aware of the potential difficulties of completing transactions in this period.
- Although our offices are currently closed to the general public, we are able to proceed remotely with conveyancing regarding house purchases and sales.
- To avoid physical contact as much as possible, we are conducting meetings with clients by phone and video calls.
- Where client meetings absolutely need to take place, then we will put measures in place to ensure appropriate social distancing and hygiene measures.
- We advise our clients who are ready to move, not to exchange contracts on an occupied property unless they have made explicit provision for the risks presented by the virus.
- We will prioritise supporting anyone with symptoms, self-isolating or shielding from the virus and those they are in chain with, and we urge them to do all they can to help a new date to be agreed in these circumstances.
We are working closely with other property professionals in the property chain, such as estate agents and builders to progress your property transaction as smoothly as possible.
We understand that although some of the lockdown restrictions regarding house buying and selling have been lifted, this still will be a stressful time for clients, so if you need to speak to one of our experienced conveyancing team about your transaction, then please call us on 01636 813411 or visit our website.