One of the firm’s largest departments deals with all aspects of trying to ensure, so far as is possible, that your assets are dealt with, in accordance with your wishes in the event of your death.
Ann Farnill, a solicitor with many years experience in her specialist field, heads our probate department.
Wills and inheritance tax planning
Most wills are straight forward but making an appointment for advice on preparing your will may highlight areas where we feel that specialist advice is required and you can rest assured that we are able to provide that advice.
Failure to take good timely advice may lead to the Inland Revenue taking a larger slice of your estate than you would have wanted.
For advice on will disputes, see our dispute resolution page.
WIQS Client Charter
The Client Charter on this page is designed to set client expectations on what they can expect from a WIQS accredited firm.
The Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme
Tallents Solicitors in Newark, Southwell and Mansfield are proud to have achieved the high standards of practice and integrity required to become accredited with the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme.
The Scheme’s logo is your guarantee that our practice will provide high quality will drafting, probate and estate administration services.
What we will do for you
We will carry out our work for you in accordance with the good practice standards of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Protocol.
This means that we will:
- treat you with dignity and respect
- be polite and considerate
- use clear language and keep legal jargon to a minimum
- explain what the costs are likely to be and how we charge
- advise you on the issues and the options for dealing with them
- explain what you can expect from us
- carry out our work in a timely manner
- respond promptly to your enquiries, and
- keep you informed of our progress.